Monday, July 14, 2008

Gotta Love Summer


For those of you that live in a beautiful Eden where Summer temperatures are such that you can enjoy the long afternoons outside without visiting the hospital for dehydration then 1. don't talk to me anymore and 2. I live vicariously through your blogs. However, I don't live anywhere near that wonderful place and my kids are the color of printer paper so we spend Summer break inside the house. I remember as a child Summer was full of lizard hunts and forts and long bike rides and fourth of July spectaculars but our fourth was full of storms, wind and poppers. All kinds of confetti poppers. Does it sound like I am complaining? Well I am. As school approaches again and the kids are flourishing in the joy of learning I will slowly be recovering from the nervous breakdown and high blood pressure that Summer in the Birman household brings. Let me know how you all cope with having the kids home and indoors all Summer without spending a ton of money going out to eat or driving around just to get out of the house. Until then I will be hanging on for dear life.


Love ya all,

ShannonOlivia wishing that Winter needed snow caps and glasses to dull the snow's bright reflection.



Amelia thrilled with Fourth of July Poppers. Way better than fireworks. Love the confetti cleanup.
Grandmas are very impressed with Fourth of July festivities in Gilbert. Far superior to lake outings with big boomers.
A popper in Hayden's hands can become a deadly weapon.

5 comments:

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

I go for a swim around 10, have lunch at 12, swim again around 2 , eat again around 5, listen to my kids tell me for the one millionth time how bored they are. Call the neighbors to come and occupy the fighting brigade, eat again and chug down my 5th soda. Then stare out the window waiting for my husband to come home and save me.
Your welcome to join the fun on any given day.

P.S. Can I add your link to my blog?

Me said...

people here talk about how hot it is hahaha! I hate to rub it in (kind of!) WE MISS YOU! I need to let my kids call soon! WE have been runnin!XOXO! Take care! hope to see ya soon JessXOXOXO

Me said...

Hey can I add you to my blog too?!

Shannon and Jimmy said...

Sure Jess and Monda, let us in. Can't wait to hear from you and the kids Jess.

Tammy said...

I love reading your blog. Your kids are so cute. How are you feeling? My sister helped me start my own blog. I love it!
Farnsworth Family Memories Take care, Hope to see you soon. Tammy