Friday, August 29, 2008

Big and Beautiful in Gilbert (not really)

Hey All,
Well I have been getting a little grief from the friends about my lack of blogs lately and the truth is that I am just plain out of funny right now. But since I feel a very strong need to please and make my awsome friends and family happy I will appease and squeeze all ounces of funny that are left in this big and beautiful body of mine out so to make you all laugh. I will start by saying that I am big. Big and beautiful this is true but big is outweighing (pardon the pun) the beautiful right now. I am measuring big at the doctors (two weeks too big) and I feel it. But the everything is bigger in Texas rule does not apply to Gilbert. I was at Chick File or however you spell it the other day and you know there are always tons of pregnant women there and I was in awe of their bigness but skininess at the same time approach. They were all thin with great hair and skin and clothes with cute little big bellies. I was sweating as usual like Ruben from American Idol with my cloth to wipe and my red face and crazy eyes. How do you cute bellies throw it all together? By the way, what is it with Chik fil e and all the Mormons? It was like mormons on parade. A little strange. Is it the no open on sundays or what cause the food is good but not that good and it is a wee bit expensive. Anyway I think the problem is that I don't feel very beautiful right now and I can't stop sweating plus I can't sleep because I can't pee in my sleep or Jimmy would get mad. So I will pose a question to you all and you can give me ideas on how to get my funniness back cause all I feel like doing lately is complaining. How do you stay cute and big and beautiful and cheerfull and funny and smart and not absentminded and on top of everything and still live in heat and humidity and a constant state of big belly jiggle? If you know then you should write a book and I will give a testimonial. Love you all and sorry for the delay.
Shannon

11 comments:

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

At least no one is lighting incense near your belly and asking if they can rub it for luck. That is what I get when I'm pregnant. Oh that and "Wow your big" from total strangers. Nice didn't your parents teach you some manners. Have Jimmy take you somewhere cooler so you dry off for a while. You look great!!!

The Dobbs said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. It's way fun to be able to see your CUTE kids!! Congrats on the one on the way. When are you due and do you know what you're having? Amber is still in Washington with me. This is her husband's last year. We are both heading to Vegas for Kevin's wedding in September. When are you going to Vegas next?
Heather Dobbs

Owen said...

Oh Shannon! SEE?! You are still funny! I love the reference to Ruben and his sweat towel! That was A+ material right there!! I say get a water proof mattress cover, create some kind of soak up barrier (like towels) between you and your man, and CRASH OUT!! I say who cares about keeping up the front when you're pregnant?! Not me. Be big. Be sweaty. Be sassy. Pee when you sleep. Sweat when you move. Lash out at random Chick Fil-Aer's. While you're "with child", you OWN every excuse in the book for your actions! Milk it girlfriend!

Candice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Owen said...

WHOA! Did she just say that out loud?

jill said...

Shannon, you are hilarious!! With your face and that hair, you could never be anything but beautiful!!

I feel your pain... I visited Vegas once when I was pregnant, I vowed to NEVER go back in the summer because it was sheer misery!
My face was red, I was sweating like a pig, it goes with the territory.

Bumm crew said...

You are b-e-a-utiful and your tummy is cute. Erica is right--pregnancy is the only time we can get away with "crazy" So definitely milk it baby!

Candice said...

I deleted my inappropriate comment...sorry. I'm feeling a little better today.

Shannon and Jimmy said...

there should be no deletion on my site. I revel in the fact that others have bad days. Heather, I am having another girl. That seems to be what we are good at. We just got Kevins invite but we are not coming to town until the end of September if my doctor will let me travel. How long are you all staying for?

Me said...

OH Shannon! I LOVE YOU U R SOO Funny even if you are pissed off!So U can come to Utah! It's getting cool here already!! I LOVE IT!! I miss you guys-Seriously I just have been more out of control bussier than I thought I would be!I LOVE YA HANG IN THERE!!!XOXOXOXO!